I'M A CHRISTIAN...NOW WHAT?
In the book of "The Revelation" Chapter 2 and 3 refers to the 7 churches. These churches are Ephesus,Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea. Let us look into the common messages given to the churches.
1.The letter given to each church is addressed to the angel (messenger) of the church.
2.In each letter Jesus gives a self introduction as per the spiritual condition of the church.
3.Jesus starts with appreciation stating the good things of the church.
4.Jesus points out sins and evil things adopted by church.
5.Jesus stresses for correction.
6. Jesus warns that church will be punished if not repented.
7. Jesus promises to reward if corrected and overcome.
The duration of church age is from the day of Pentecost till the second coming of Christ. As we go deep into this revelation we find that the church age is divided into seven stages. Starting from Ephesus to Laodicea there is a gradual depreciation in the quality of the church.Jesus who was in the church during the first phase is seen knocking at the door outside the church during the last phase . Let us see what caused such depreciation:
1. Ephesus : Lost the first love with Christ.
2. Smyrna : Persons from synagogue of satan enters the church.
3. Pergamos : Accepted the doctrine of nicolaitans which the first church hated.
4. Thyatira : Allowed Jezebel as prophetess to rule the church.
5. Sardis : Spiritually dead but claims to be alive.
6. Philadelphia: Gathers little strength.
7. Laodicea : Church rejected by Christ. Christ is outside, standing and knocking at the door.
Now a closer look into these letters:
" He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.". repeats in each letters. The first three stages Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos we can find this advice in the middle of the letter which means that Jesus expected that the whole church will repent and overcome. But rest four stages Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea we can find these verses at the end of each letter." He who has an ear......" because only a remnant will listen to the Holy Spirit. Majority of the church will reject His message.
Jesus repeats in each letter:
1. I know your works.
3. He who overcomes will be rewarded.
ARE YOU AN OVERCOMER?? Are you in the remnant who listen to the voice of Holy Spirit residing inside you.??
Now we are living in the Laodicean phase of church age. Christ is coming soon. ARE YOU READY??