I'M A CHRISTIAN...NOW WHAT?
“And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not…Continue
Added by God Is For Us on August 25, 2012 at 8:13am — No Comments
Dear members: Here are some encouraging statistics that I came across while researching a paper: According to George Gallup Jr., and Timothy Jones, in their latest book The Next American Spirituality, they found out that 82% of Americans surveyed…feel the need for a more intimate relationship with God! That’s up 24% over the last four years”. My response is; WOW! It really does go to show that people…Continue
Added by God Is For Us on August 20, 2012 at 7:18pm — No Comments
Course background: The 10-10-80 Principle ties in with examples given in our Presentation (CCOU 102) with Dr. Glenn Wagner of experienced Christian Counselors who had poignant observations regarding the 10-10-80 principle. Their personal numbers confirmed that a vast majority, as many as 80%, learn through relational experience, over an extended period of time. As for the remaining 20%; about 10% will refuse to adapt in spite of information, examples, or a relationship with their…Continue
Added by God Is For Us on August 20, 2012 at 6:15pm — No Comments
Dear Members: I have often had people tell me that they do not get into God’s Word because they are afraid that they will ‘read it wrong’ or misinterpret it. Please do not be afraid of His Word. The enemy uses fear and confusion to discourage us but God wants us to become close to Him with two tools: Prayer, and study of Him—it is in His revealed Word that we draw near to Him and the enemy will flee. By…Continue
Added by God Is For Us on August 18, 2012 at 2:41pm — No Comments
Please pray for a young, single mom in Kentucky. She asked us to not use her name as her family does not know about this situation but Father knows all of the details. She has a nine year old daughter, and she is struggling spiritually, financially, and with her health. Pray as the Holy Spirit moves you.
Webster defines friend as “One attached to another by respect or affection”. An acquaintance is defined as “One who is not hostile”. Enemy is defined as: “One that attacks or tries to harm another”. How often does it occur that our relationships slip from ‘affection’ (friendship), down to not being ‘hostile’ but being distant and cold (acquaintance) to actually attacking, through words or deeds…Continue
Added by God Is For Us on August 17, 2012 at 3:00pm — No Comments
Please pray for the revival that is going on in Vallejo California:
Molly has a rare form of meningitis. She has been undergoing experimental medications and is at home. Since attending the revival 70% of the lesions on her brain have disappeared.
Sondra has been diagnosed with peritoneal…Continue
Added by God Is For Us on August 12, 2012 at 2:24pm — No Comments
Please pray for Pastor McClain. He serves as a youth minister in West Virginia. He is currently working at a Christian family summer camp in Pennsylvania where Laura Griffith and her family are attending. He was hospitalized yesterday for dehydration and other symptoms. The medical staff was concerned that he might have blood clots but those tests proved negative. He will be in the hospital for a short time for observation. Please continue…
Added by God Is For Us on August 9, 2012 at 9:19pm — No Comments
God is moving! The word is getting out! Please pray, in public, at school with your children! On July 10, 2012, Champion the Vote announced the first ever conference call with Dr. Elmer Towns who serves as the Dean of the School of Religion at Liberty University. Towns is the school’s co-founder along with Jerry Falwell and served as the…Continue
Added by God Is For Us on August 6, 2012 at 10:30pm — No Comments